Avil tablet is a histamine H1 receptor that acts as an antagonist with sedative effects and anticholinergic effects. This medicine is used to treat allergies such as hay fever or urticaria and is also used as a sleeping pill.
The main component in Avil tablet is Pheniramine which is also the active ingredient.
- Allergic rhinitis: This medicine is used to treat symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, running rose and itchy eyes.
- Motion sickness: This medicine is used to prevent motion sickness and provides relief from sweating, headache and vomiting.
- Allergy: This medicine is used to treat symptoms of allergies.
- Allergic reactions
- Blurred vision
- Closing of the throat
- Inability to concentrate
- Irregular heart beat
Avil tablet is composed of Pheniramine, an antihistamine, used to treat a runny nose, allergic disorders and rashes. This medicine must be consumed with or right after a meal. The medicine starts to show its effectiveness in 30 minutes and the effects last for about 6 hours.
One must check the expiry date before purchasing it. Also, this medicine must be taken as per the recommended dose. Do not self-medicate.
Avil tablet works by blocking histamines that cause allergic reactions.
- Antidepressants: This medicine is not recommended to be consumed with antidepressants since it can cause a number of adverse effects such as blurred vision, constipation, and dryness of mouth, constipation and urinary retention.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: This medicine is not recommended to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate that may cause difficulty in passing urine.
- Neonates and premature infants: This medicine is not recommended for use in premature infants, new born children and children below 5 years of age.
- This medicine must be taken after a meal.
- This medicine must be taken as instructed by the doctor.
- This medicine causes sleepiness.
- This medicine is not recommended for glaucoma patients.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients with hypersensitivity.
- The medicine must be stored in a place away from sunlight.
- This medicine is not recommended to be taken with steroids.
- In case one feels a tingling sensation or numbness then one must consult a doctor at the earliest.
- Eralet 25Mg Tablet
- Intavil 25 mg Tablet
- Pheniramine Maleate (Sanofi) 25 mg Tablet
A drug can interact with another drug, disease, food items and beverages that can lead to effects that are different from the intended ones.
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Medzol 1Mg Injection
- Mezolam 7.5Mg Injection
- Pratham 200Mg Rediuse Suspension
- Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Ans: No, it is not recommended to operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle after taking Avil since it causes drowsiness. Consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: In most cases, the medicine is prescribed to be taken either once or twice a day based on the patient’s condition. Follow the prescription given by the doctor.
Ans: Yes, Avil must be taken with food or after a meal. Consult a doctor to know more.
Ans: No, the consumption of Avil does not help in weight loss.
Ans: Yes, it is safe to take Avil and Vitamin C together. Vitamin C helps boost immunity and helps relieve common cold. Also, there are no reported drug interactions.
Ans: No, Chlorpheniramine and Avil are not the same. However, both have similar chemical structures and both are antihistamines but Avil does not contain Chlorpheniramine. Hence both are used to treat allergic conditions.
Ans: No, Avil is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergic conditions. It should not be confused with steroids.
Ans: Yes, Avil can help treat skin rashes that are caused due to allergies.
Ans: No, this medicine does not increase blood pressure. However, those with high blood pressure must consult a doctor before taking a medicine.
Ans: Yes, Avil is recommended to be used to counter travel or motion sickness. However, one must consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: No, it is not recommended to take Avil with antidepressants since there are known drug interactions.
Ans: No, it is not recommended to use this medicine during pregnancy. Consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: No, it is not recommended to use this medicine during breastfeeding. Consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: In case of a missed dose take the medicine as soon as you remember to.
Ans: No, this medicine is not recommended for use for glaucoma patients.
Get a Free Online Doctor Consultation!
Hi, Welcome to docprime!1:50 PM
Briefly describe the symptom/health concern worrying you the most (e.g. I have a fever) or simply ask any query.1:50 PM