Glucose - Fasting Blood test is a simple blood test that helps to monitor the amount of glucose in the bloodstream. It is primarily conducted for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes, type 1 diabetes, and type-2 diabetes.
Why get tested?
What does it do?
It is done to diagnose, screen and/or monitor
1. Prediabetes and Diabetes Mellitus
2. Diabetes during pregnancy
3. Effect of diabetes treatment in patients
4. Blood sugar level
What it measures?
This test is performed to measure the glucose level in the blood post a certain duration of fasting. It helps in diagnosing conditions such as diabetes, prediabetes, and diabetes during pregnancy.
This test includes
Blood Sugar/Glucose - Fasting
1. It is advised to fast for at least 8-12 hours before taking the test.
2. Consumption of alcohol must be withheld to avoid getting falsified results.
3. The doctor may advise the patient to take a fat-free diet as a last meal before fasting for the test.