2030 Results for
Filter by Availability More filters
Sort by More filters
Looking for other related specializations? Search all
A person may consult a dentist if he/she has been suffering from a severe condition related to the tooth or other tissues present in the oral cavity. A dentist may be consulted to ensure that there is no underlying cause of the discomfort a patient has been suffering from. Also, a dentist may be able to tell if there is an onset of a particular dental disorder.
A dentist may specialize in the below-mentioned fields -
• Community Dentistry
• Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology
• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
• Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
• Oral Pathology & Microbiology
First of all, an anaesthetic is administered to numb the affected area. In order to access the tissue below the affected area, the dentist may fold the gum to form a normal flap. When the tissue becomes accessible the infected portion is removed. Tooth scaling is then performed to eliminate plaque and bacteria below the gum line.
• A dentist will thoroughly assess the condition of patient's teeth, to ensure if it needs whitening or not.
• To begin the procedure the dentist will place a rubber shield or a gel on the gums to protect them.
• After that, a whitening product that usually contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide will be applied on the teeth. These ingredients break down and act on the enamel of the tooth to make it whiter.
Ans: The easiest way to find a dentist in Bangalore is to visit an online portal such as docprime. This portal helps to find the most qualified dentists in proximity to the patient’s residence.
Ans: After the surgery patients may feel a little discomfort and inflammation. They may use ice packs on the face in the interval of 15 minutes to bring down the swelling. Also, the patients must stick to a liquid diet for a few days after the surgery.
Ans: Professional teeth whiteners are safe and effective. If a patient is having any doubts pertaining to dental whitening he/she may discuss them with the dentist.
Ans: The healing process of a gum surgery may take one to two weeks.