964 Results for
Show Dentist near me
Filter by Availability More filters
Sort by More filters
A dentist may be consulted -
• If a basic oral check-up needs to be done
• If there is continuous pain in the tooth
• If tooth problems occur during pregnancy
• If there is difficulty in chewing food
• If the patient always feels parched
• If a person suffers from bad breath
• If there is a continuous pain in the jaw
• If the patient is suffering from mouth sores
• If the procedures like cavity fillings implants and crowning need to be done
The dentist may be classified under different specializations –
• Oral pathologists - Dentists that diagnose oral diseases
• Orthodontists - The dentist specializing in straightening teeth
• Pediatric dentists - Dentists focusing on dentistry for children
• Endodontists – Dentists specifically performing root canal therapy
• Prosthodontists - The dentists replacing missing teeth with permanent fixtures, such as bridges, crowns or dentures
• Periodontists - The dentists dealing with the issues pertaining to gum and tissues that support the teeth.
• Oral surgeons - Dentists carrying out tooth extraction and surgeries to treat a dental fracture, facial deformities etc.
Tooth extraction - A local anaesthesia is administered to numb the affected tooth. The dentist then uses an instrument to loosen the tooth and pulls it out using a pair of forceps.
Tooth filling - To fill the cavity in the tooth, the dentist begins by first removing the decay then cleaning the affected area. The cleaned cavity is then filled with different types of filling materials.
Ans: If you are looking for the best dentist in Delhi or dental clinics, the easiest way is go through an online healthcare provider such as docprime. These portals help in finding the most qualified specialists in proximity to the patient’s residence.
Ans: A tooth extraction may be needed when
• The tooth is impacted
• The tooth has been damaged in an accident
• The tooth has decayed to an extent that the pulp has been damaged
• Periodontal disease has spread into the gums, periodontal ligaments and other structures surrounding the teeth
Ans: Initially a patient may feel a little discomfort after the removal of tooth. As the anesthesia wears off there may be pain as well. The entire healing would require around one to two weeks. During this period new bones and gum tissue will grow into the gap.
Ans: When the anesthesia wears off the patient may feel a little pain and tingling sensation in the tooth. The dentist may prescribe a pain killer to alleviate the discomfort.