250 Results for
Filter by Availability More filters
Sort by More filters
Looking for other related specializations? Search all
A dentist may be consulted for several reasons –
• To ensure the oral health
• To correct the positioning of tooth
• To get a tooth cavity filled
• To get dental procedures such as root canal treatment and tooth filling done
• To rule out the possibility of any underlying medical condition such as gingivitis, periodontitis etc.
• A dentist may be specialized in the following fields -
• Community Dentistry
• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
• Oral Pathology & Microbiology
• Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology
• Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
To fill the cavity in the tooth, the dentist begins by removing the decayed tooth material. After this, the affected area is thoroughly cleaned and filled with different type of filling material.
• Local anesthesia is administered to the affected tooth.
• When the tooth is numb, a small protective sheet known as "dental dam" is placed over the affected area. This is done to isolate the tooth and keep it free from saliva.
• The dentist then uses small equipment to make an opening in the crown of the tooth.
• The damaged pulp is then cleared from the pulp chamber. This creates a space for filling.
• This empty space in the tooth is then cleaned and filled with a rubber-like material called "gutta-percha".
• Adhesive cement is placed with gutta-percha to ensure complete sealing of the root canal.
• Temporary covering material is then placed over the tooth, which acts as seal.
• In the final visit, the dentist places a crown to cover the tooth, which looks like a normal tooth.
Ans: If you are looking for a dentist in Ghaziabad, the easiest way is to look through an online healthcare provider such as docprime. This portal helps to find the most qualified specialists in proximity to the patient’s residence.
Ans: When the anesthesia wears off the patient may feel a little pain and tingling sensation in the tooth. The dentist may prescribe a pain killer to alleviate the discomfort.
Ans: A patient is given an anesthetic before the procedure. After the effect of anesthesia fades away, a patient may feel little discomfort. This pain is usually not more than the pain felt after a dental filling.
Ans: The restored tooth may last for a lifetime. However, the tooth may not last for very long if patient doesn’t take care of the teeth and gums.
Save Upto 70%