Diclomol is an anti-inflammatory drug that does not fall under the category of steroids. Diclomol is a painkiller that is non-steroid. It is a combination medicine that it is used to treat pain and inflammation associated with various disorders and conditions. It is also used to treat menstrual cramps. Diclomol is manufactured by Win-Medicare Private Limited.
Diclomol Tablet Composition and Nature:
Diclomol contains two active ingredients namely Diclofenac and Paracetamol or Acetaminophen. The strength of these components varies according to the strength of the tablet.
The following is the composition for Diclomol 50mg tablet:
- Diclofenac Sodium- 50mg
- Paracetamol- 500mg
Diclomol Tablet Uses and benefits:
Diclomol is mainly used as a pain relieving agent. It is used to ease pain caused due to the following conditions:
- Dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
It is also used to relieve the following kinds of pain:
- Pain in the ears
- Back pain
- The resulting pain after a dental surgery or any other minor surgery
- Acute Gout
- Sports injuries of the soft tissues
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Joint pain
- Pain in the joint after surgeries
- Frozen shoulders
- Dislocated joints
Read More: Unwanted 72 Uses | Ecosprin 75 Mg Uses | Metrogyl Uses
Diclomol Tablet Side Effects:
The side-effects of Diclomol do not always occur. Some of them can be rare, yet may lead to drastic outcomes. Upon experiencing side-effects, a doctor must be consulted.
The most common side-effects of Diclomol are:
Read More: Becosules Side Effects | Azee 500 mg Side Effects
Diclomol Tablet Dosage:
The dose and duration prescribed by the doctor should be adhered to. The dosage is prescribed based on the condition being treated and the intensity of the pain. The medicine should be taken orally and must be swallowed whole. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Diclomol should be taken with food. In this way, the side- effects like gastritis and heartburns can be avoided. In case of a missed dose, take the tablet as soon as you remember. If the timing is close to your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose. Do not overdose on the tablet.
Read More: Cremaffin Dosage | Cyclopam Dosage | Clavam 625 Dosage
How do Diclomol tablet Works?
Each of the active ingredients of the tablet plays an important role in reducing the pain. Diclomol inhibits the production and synthesis of cyclooxygenase, which is a precursor to the synthesis of a compound called prostaglandin in the brain. This prostaglandin is the compound that is responsible for the occurrence of pain, inflammation, and swelling.
The blockage of the chemical messenger prostaglandin is carried out by both the compounds; Diclofenac and Paracetamol. Both the compounds also help in:
- Reducing the pain
- Increasing the blood flow across the skin by initiating heat loss and sweating
- Reducing the chemical messengers that cause the pain and inflammation.
Diclomol Tablet Precautions and Warnings:
The following are the precautions that have to be ensured while consuming Diclomol:
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided while taking this medicine as alcohol can lead to increased risk of side-effects such as fatigue, bleeding, dizziness, and weakness.
- Diclomol is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary.
- Diclomol is not recommended for use in lactating mothers unless the condition being treated is serious.
- Diclomol can cause blurred vision and dizziness and hence it should not be consumed shortly before driving or operating heavy machinery.
- Diclomol should be used with caution in people suffering from kidney ailments. Dose adjustment is necessary for such patients.
- Diclomol usage is not recommended for people with severe liver ailments or active conditions that affect the liver.
- Diclomol is not recommended for children under 14 years of age.
- Caution should be exercised by asthma patients while consuming Diclomol.
- Diclomol should be avoided by patients who have hypersensitivity.
- This medication is also not recommended for patients with certain skin disorders such as Urticaria.
- Diclomol is not recommended for patients who have undergone a coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Diclomol is not recommended for people suffering from peptic ulcers as the medicine can worsen the condition.
- This medication is not recommended for patients with a history of cardiovascular diseases.
Diclomol Tablet Substitutes:
The following medications have the same composition and functions of Diclomol and hence can be used as substitutes:
- Dynapar Tablet by Troikaa Pharmaceuticals
- Buta Proxyvon capsules by Wockhardt Ltd
- Oxalgin DP tablet by Zydus Cadila
- Voveran Plus Tablet by Novartis India Limited
- Dicloran A Tablet by JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
- Fenak Plus by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Diclowin Plus Tablet by Wings Biotech Limited
- Ngflam P by Nexgen Healthcare Private Limited
- Diclogesic Tablet by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
Diclomol Tablet Interactions:
Diclomol interacts with certain other drugs. While some interactions may lead to the increased risk of side-effects, some may weaken the strength of the medicine.
Diclomol may interact with the following drugs:
- Sodium nitrate
All the drugs consumed regularly or otherwise should be discussed with your doctor during prescription. This includes supplements and herbal medicines.
Diclomol Tablet Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Is Diclomol addictive or habit-causing?
Ans: No. Diclomol does not lead to addiction. All addictive drugs are classified under Schedule H or Schedule X in India. Read the content on the product’s packaging to know more about the classification and the type of your drug.
2) How long does the diclomol medicine take to show its effect?
Ans: The effect of Diclomol can be seen within 30 minutes of ingesting the tablet. The duration of the effect lasts for about 4 to 6 hours.
3) Why does Diclomol cause drowsiness if it is not a steroid?
Ans: Diclomol belongs to the group of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. Despite the absence of steroid, the drug causes sedation because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Drowsiness and dizziness is a common side-effect of most anti-inflammatory drugs.
Read More: Neurobion forte | Nicip plus | Dolo 650 MG