Commonly known as the fertility test, the FSH-LH-Prolactin test involves evaluation of the levels of the following hormones in the body-
· Follicle Stimulating Hormone
· Luteinizing hormone
Why get tested?
The test helps in diagnosing the cause of irregular periods, weight gain, breast secretions and vaginal discharge in women. Also, the test helps to detect the hormonal imbalance which is resulting in infertility in women.
What it measures?
The test helps in evaluating the level of Prolactin, Luteinizing, and Follicle Stimulating Hormone in the body. All these hormones are synthesized by the pituitary gland in the body. This helps to ascertain the functioning of the pituitary gland which is responsible for the development and management of the reproductive systems in both men and women
This test includes
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Luteinising Hormone (LH)
· There are no specific precautions required to be taken before the test.
· It is advised to inform the doctor about the on-going medications in order to avoid getting falsified results.
· If there is any existing medical condition such as an allergy or infection, then the doctor should be informed in advance.
· The doctor might suggest stopping the dosage of certain drugs such as birth control pills which may end up hampering the test results.
· A doctor may advise the patient to fast for at least 8 hours before the test.