35 Results for
Filter by Availability More filters
Sort by More filters
Looking for other related specializations? Search all
A person may visit a gastroenterologist if he/she has been facing the following symptoms -
• Unexplained weight loss
• Difficulty in swallowing
• Persistent abdominal pain
• Bleeding in the digestive tract
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
• Inflammation in the digestive tract
A person may also visit a gastroenterologist if he/she has been already diagnosed with the following conditions –
• Colorectal cancer
• Stomach cancer
• Pancreatic cancer
• Liver cancer
• Gallbladder disease
• Liver disease
• Celiac disease
• Lactose intolerance
Some gastroenterologists specialize in treating the condition of the GI tract. Some gastroenterologists focus on a particular type of gastroenterology like -
• Hepatology (diagnosis and treatment related to the conditions of the liver)
• Pancreatic disorders
• Organ transplantation
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)
• Inflammation of the digestive tract
• Gastrointestinal cancer
• Endoscopic Surveillance
• Reflux esophagitis
• Achalasia – It is a rare swallowing disorder which is characterized by two problems of the esophagus. The first one is the improper peristalsis and the second is the failure of the lower esophageal sphincter. The condition usually occurs in males and females between the ages of 25 to 60.
• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - It is a digestive disorder which occurs when the acid produced in the stomach, backs up from the stomach into the esophagus. The condition affects people of all ages and patients suffering from asthma are more likely to develop this condition.
• Hemorrhoids – Hemorrhoids also called as piles is a condition characterized by swelling of the veins in the rectum and anus. The condition may result from the strain that occurs during bowel movements or from increased pressure on the veins during pregnancy.
Ans: If you are looking for a top gastroenterologist in Mumbai, consider finding it via an online portal like docprime. This online portal helps the patients to find out the best doctors near to their homes.
Ans: A gastroenterologist is specifically trained to treat and diagnose diseases related to the digestive tract. A person may visit a gastroenterologist if he/she experiences any discomfort or uneasiness in digesting food.
Ans: Various conditions treated by Gastroenterologists include –
• Esophageal reflux
• Hiatal Hernia, etc.