Gynaecologists in Kolkata are well trained and experienced doctors specialising in women health with specialisation in treating conditions associated with the female reproductive system. Gynaecologists are especially trained to screen and treat issues pertaining to family planning, infertility, hormones, breast disease, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), cancers and menstrual cycle problems. Another specialist in the field of gynaecology is an obstetrician who is a kind of gynaecologist specialised in dealing with pregnancy and childbirth. An obstetrician is responsible for ensuring the well-being of the mother and the child both at pre and postnatal stages. Search best gynecologists near you at docprime and book appointment instantly.
₹ 700₹ 1000
Baghajatin Colony, Kolkata | 8.1 Km
₹ 140₹ 300
College Square, Kolkata | 1.5 Km
Get a Free Online Doctor Consultation!
Hi, welcome to docprime. Briefly describe your symptom or health concern (e.g. I have a fever).1:54 PM
Gynaecologists in Kolkata work alongside a number of other medical experts to provide a combined, well-tailored and a holistic treatment plan for the patients. The doctors consult the patient’s case with endocrinologists, oncologists and geneticists to rule out the possibility of any other condition. Before a doctor becomes a gynaecologist, they must train for at least four years. After the initial training, a specialisation for another four years in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology is undertaken, following which one can start practicing as a certified gynaecologist in Kolkata.
While regular female health concerns can be treated by a general physician, expert advice of gynaecologist is necessary for an overall health advice. A series of tests and exams may be required to diagnose and understand a disease associated with the female reproductive system. If a woman faces any issues pertaining to the reproductive health, a gynaecologist must be consulted.
The following conditions may require a woman to consult a Gynaecologist in Kolkata:
• Issues related to fertility, menopause, mensuration and pregnancy
• Concerns regarding the use of contraceptive pills, sterilization, family planning, and termination of pregnancy
• For the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, polycystic ovarian syndrome, breast disorders, ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease, vulvar and vaginal ulcers etc.
• Health issues pertaining to the same sex and bisexual relationships
• Sexual dysfunction
Gynaecologists also perform minor surgeries such as tube tying, cervical cryosurgery, pelvic laparoscopy etc. which help in maintaining the overall health of the female reproductive system.
There is immense scope for gynaecological specialisations in India which include the following:
• Gynaecological Oncology
• Fetal Medicine
• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, etc.
The general consultation fee of a gynaecologist in Kolkata is as follows:
• Normal Baby Delivery: INR 14,000 to INR 90,000
• Caesarean Section or C-Section Surgery: INR 15,000 to INR 1,20,000
• Uterus Removal (Hysterectomy) Surgery: INR 20,000 to INR 1,20,000
• Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: INR 24,000 to INR 1,22,000
• Dilation and Curettage Surgery: INR 6,500 to INR 80,000
• Hysteroscopy: INR 19,000 to INR 33,000
• Colposcopy: INR 22,500 to INR 26,500
• Pelvic Ultrasound Scan: INR 700 to INR 2,200
• Complete Pregnancy Care: Doctors deal with all the issues that may arise during pregnancy such as ectopic pregnancy, cervical cerclage, infertility evaluation and treatment, risk of miscarriage, flu, breech baby etc. The gynaecologists also monitor the general and mental health of the would-be mother.
• Menstruation and Menopause: Issues like abnormal bleeding, endometriosis, irregular menstruation, premenstrual syndrome, menopause and midlife care and issues etc. are addressed by the gynaecologists.
• Gynaecological Cancers and Screenings: Cancer prevention and screening, precancerous conditions of the cervix and early cervical cancers are carefully diagnosed and treated.
Ans: Mammography is one of the most common methods to diagnose breast cancer. The technique helps to identify the disease even before the symptoms begin to appear. The chances of survival improve if the disease is detected in time. The prescribed age to get mammography done is 40 years and should be repeated every 1-2 years.
Ans: A normal period cycle is counted from the day one of the first periods to the day one of the next period. A cycle may occur after every 21 to 35 days. For the first few years when the menstruation begins the bleeding may occur for 5 to 7 days. However, the periods become of a shorter span with age. Irregularities in periods may occasionally occur due to various reasons, but if it happens frequently it is not normal and must be consulted with the doctor.
Ans: Daily Calcium requirement for women’s under the age of 50 years is around 1000 mg. For women over 50 years of age around 1200 mg of calcium is needed to be consumed on daily basis.
Ans: Gynaecology deals with all aspects of a woman’s reproductive health – from the time of onset of puberty to menopause and beyond. Obstetrics particularly deals with the welfare of pregnant females and their babies.
Ans: The easiest way to get an appointment from a gynaecologist in Kolkata is to book it through an online healthcare provider such as docprime. These portals help in finding the most qualified specialists in proximity to the patient’s residence.