Gynaecologists in Pune provide expert treatment for wide range of issues pertaining to woman’s reproductive health like menstruation, fertility issues, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), obstetrics, pregnancy, childbirth, hormone disorders, and others. Gynaecologists are specialized in ensuring the health of a female reproductive system (vagina, ovaries, breasts and uterus) and related disorders. They carry out a thorough examination to diagnose the problem. Many blood and imaging tests may be recommended by the Gynaecologists in Pune to comprehend the problem. The gynaecologists in Pune also consult a patient’s case with other specialists to rule out the possibility of other underlying condition. After a thorough check-up, the doctors create a personalized treatment plan for an individual patient. Scroll below to find best gynecologist in Pune.
Deccan Gymkhana, Pune | 2.0 Km
₹ 400₹ 500
Kothrud, Pune | 6.6 Km
₹ 350₹ 500
Baner Road, Pune | 7.1 Km
₹ 180₹ 300
Bavdhan Budruk, Pune | 8.0 Km
₹ 420₹ 600
Kharadi Bypass Road Kharadi, Pune | 8.1 Km
₹ 375₹ 500
Kate Puram Chowk, Pimple Gurav,, Landmark: Behind V S Residency, Pune | 8.4 Km
₹ 240₹ 400
Pimple Gurav, Pune | 8.4 Km
₹ 140₹ 200
Baner, Pune | 9.9 Km
₹ 300₹ 500
Pimple Saudagar, Pune | 10.0 Km
₹ 450₹ 750
Pune | 0.6 Km
Get a Free Online Doctor Consultation!
Hi, welcome to docprime. Briefly describe your symptom or health concern (e.g. I have a fever).2:58 AM
Another specialist in the field of gynaecology is an obstetrician who is a kind of gynaecologist specialised in dealing with pregnancy and childbirth. Before a doctor becomes a gynaecologist, they must train for at least four years. After the initial training, a specialisation for another four years in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology is undertaken, following which one can start practicing as a certified gynaecologist in Pune.
While regular female health concerns can be treated by general physician, an expert advice from a gynaecologist is required to ensure the health of the female reproductive system. The doctor may recommend a series of tests and exams to diagnose and underlying condition. The standard yearly health check-ups must be taken specifically by the women above the age of 40 to ensure their well-being.
A woman must visit gynaecologists in Pune, if -
• She is suffering from Diabetes.
• She is facing symptoms related to conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Cervical Cancer, Vaginal Infection, urinary tract infections etc.
• She needs to undergo surgical procedures such as tube tying, pelvic laparoscopy, cervical cryosurgery etc.
• She has concerns regarding family planning, use of contraceptives, termination of pregnancy and more.
The gynaecologist may help to understand how the disease is laying a negative impact on the health of reproductive organs. The specialists will also explain the measures and precautions that must be taken in order to improve a patient’s condition.
There is immense scope for gynaecological specialisations in India which include the following:
• Gynaecological Oncology
• Fetal Medicine
• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, etc.
The general consultation fee of a gynaecologist in Pune is as follows:
• Normal Baby Delivery: INR 13,800 to INR 45,500
• Caesarean Section or C-Section Surgery: INR 24,800 to INR 73,000
• Uterus Removal (Hysterectomy) Surgery: INR 27,500 to INR 96,200
• Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: INR 34,500 to INR 1,20,000
• Dilation and Curettage Surgery: INR 9,000 to INR 26,000
• Hysteroscopy: INR 20,700 to INR 48,800
• Colposcopy: INR 23,800 to INR 28,400
• Pelvic Ultrasound Scan: INR 650 to INR 1,650
• Complete Pregnancy Care: The doctors take care of the physical and mental health of the would-be mother. They also deal with all the complications that may arise during pregnancy such as ectopic pregnancy, cervical cerclage, miscarriages, breech baby etc.
• Menstruation and Menopause: Issues like abnormal bleeding, endometriosis, irregular menstruation, premenstrual syndrome, menopause and midlife care and issues, etc. are carefully dealt with.
• Gynaecological Cancers and Screenings: Gynaecologists carry out extensive screening for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as cervix and cervical cancer.
Ans: A normal period cycle is counted from the day one of the first periods to the day one of the next period. A cycle may occur after every 21 to 35 days. For the first few years when the menstruation begins the bleeding may occur for 5 to 7 days. However, the periods become of a shorter span with age. Irregularities in periods may occasionally occur due to various reasons, but if it happens frequently it is not normal and must be consulted with the doctor.
Ans: Mammography is one of the most common methods to diagnose breast cancer. The technique helps to identify the disease even before the symptoms begin to appear. The chances of survival improve if the disease is detected in time. The prescribed age to get mammography done is 40 years and should be repeated every 1-2 years.
Ans: Gynaecology deals with all aspects of a woman’s reproductive health – from the time of beginning of puberty to menopause and beyond. Obstetrics particularly deals with the welfare of pregnant females and their babies.
Ans: Daily Calcium requirement for women’s under the age of 50 years is around 1000 mg. For women over 50 years of age around 1200 mg of calcium is needed to be consumed on daily basis.
Ans: The easiest way to get an appointment from a gynaecologist in Pune is to book through an online healthcare provider such as docprime. These portals help in finding the most qualified specialists in proximity to the patient’s residence.