Nurokind LC Tablet is a medicine prescribed to patients who suffer from metabolism related ailments. It is a combination of three nutritive supplements namely Levo-carnitine, Methylcobalamin, and Folic Acid which are vital nutrients for the proper functioning of the body. Nurokind LC is an amino acid derivative that controls the levels of levocarnitine. Nurokind LC Tablet is manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
Uses and Benefits of Nurokind LC:
The primary prescription of Nurokind LC Tablet is for patients who have nutritional deficiencies. These nutritional problems may cause other problems, and in such cases, Nurokind LC may be prescribed alone or with a combination of other medication to solve such problems:
- Patients with nerve damage or neurological disorders with accompanying pain may be prescribed Nurokind LC
- Anaemia caused by malnutrition including megaloblastic anaemia which is caused by a deficiency of folic acid may be treated with Nurokind LC
- Patients with Primary or Secondary Carnitine deficiency are prescribed Nurokind LC
- Childhood nutritional deficiencies or heart conditions in children and infants are treated with Nurokind LC
- Some nutritional deficiencies during pregnancy may prompt a prescription of Nurokind LC
- Valproate toxicity may be treated with a prescription of this medication
Read More: Levipil Uses | Lyser D Uses | Figaro Olive Oil Uses
Side Effects of Nurokind LC:
Consuming Nurokind LC Tablet for a prolonged period may lead to some side-effects. These side effects may not always occur and may be rarely severe. A patient must consult the doctor if the following side effects are noticed:
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal distension
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Rashes on the skin
- Epileptic patients receiving phenobarbital, diphenylhydantoin or primidone may experience seizures
- Impaired judgement
- Weak muscles
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Abdominal cramps
- Decreased levels of vitamin b12 serum
- Gastrointestinal problems
Read More: Manforce Staylong Gel Side Effects | Maxtra Syrup Side Effects | Fli-Medication Side Effects
Common Dosage of Nurokind LC:
Depending on the health conditions of the patients, the doctor may prescribe a personalized dosage plan. Usually, for adults, the doctor prescribes a single dose to be taken every night before sleep. It is suggested that the Nurokind LC must not be taken for more than a month, in case no improvement in the condition is witnessed.
Read More: Myospaz Dosage | Ovral L Dosage | Nurokind 500 Dosage
Composition & Nature of Nurokind LC:
Nurokind LC contains Folic Acid, Levo-carnitine, and Methylcobalamin as active ingredients in the following ratio:
- Levo-carnitine - 500 MG
- Folic Acid - 1.5 MG
- Methylcobalamin - 1500 MCG
Read More: Pantop 40 Composition | Septran Composition | Glimepiride Composition
When Nurokind LC is prescribed?
Nurokind LC is prescribed for the treatment of pain in neurological disorders, Carnitine deficiency, anaemia, numbness and tingling, treatment of anaemia of nutritional origin, infancy, poor absorption of food and more.
How to use Nurokind LC?
For medicine to function optimally in the body, it is imperative that it is consumed in a proper manner. Here is how to take Nurokind LC properly:
- The dose and duration for which Nurokind LC is taken must be based on the directions given by the doctor.
- The tablet should be taken orally; with or without food.
- If the patient is already suffering from gastric problems, he/she must take Nurokind LC after food.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken at a fixed time at evenly spaced intervals.
- Nurokind LC must be swallowed as a whole without crushing, breaking or chewing.
- It is imperative to take plenty of fluids when on Nurokind LC.
- It is advisable to stop Nurokind LC only on the advice of the doctor.
How Nurokind LC Tablet works?
- It transforms fatty acids in the patient’s body into energy in order to promote proper muscular activity.
- It works in order to promote the recovery of damaged nerve cells and helps in neurological recovery of patients.
- It acts on megaloblastic bone marrow to promote the development of a normoblastic marrow and prevent certain forms of anaemia.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Nurokind LC?
There may be a number of situations in which the patient may have to be careful while consuming Nurokind LC. Keeping the below-mentioned points in mind while taking Nurokind LC may help the patients to understand when or when not to take Nurokind LC:
- Before consuming Nurokind LC, the patients must inform the doctor about any medical condition they are presently suffering from. As the drug may interact with certain medical conditions and lead to severe side effects.
- The doctor must also be informed if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Nurokind LC.
- Patients must inform the doctor about current medications or herbal products that have been taking for some other medical problem. This allows the doctor to have a clear idea of the condition.
- Patients may avoid medicine if they are allergic to any of its components.
- Patients should avoid alcohol consumption while using Nurokind LC, particularly if they have a history of cirrhosis or any other liver disease, including a family history of it.
- Solely using Nurokind LC or folic acid is inappropriate to cure pernicious anaemia or any other megaloblastic anaemia in which Vitamin B12 deficiency is a known cause. The patient should seek a different treatment.
- Patients having a history of liver disease or seizures may avoid taking Nurokind LC.
- If a person is undergoing the treatment for pernicious anaemia, he/she must take Nurokind LC only on the advice of a doctor.
- Diagnosis of pernicious anaemia may not be possible if the patient is using folic acid daily in doses above 0.1 mg.
- Patients who are pregnant, hopeful of being pregnant or breastfeeding may not be able to use Nurokind LC safely.
Substitutes for Nurokind LC:
There are other tablets available on the market which use the combination of active ingredients Folic Acid, Levo-carnitine and Methylcobalamin, and are thus suitable as substitutes for Nurokind LC in treating these nutritional deficiencies and neurological disorders:
- Trinerve LC Tablet manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- NE-C Tablet manufactured by Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Cynocal-LC Tablet manufactured by Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Carnimac Plus Tablet manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Carnimac Plus Tablet manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Read More: Nurokind Plus Substitutes| Nurokind Gold Substitutes
Nurokind LC Interactions:
A drug interaction refers to a reaction between two or more drugs, between a drug and a food or beverage. Consuming a drug while having a certain medical condition may also cause drug interaction. These interactions may increase or decrease the action of a drug or lead to unwanted side effects. Here are some interactions exhibitted by Nurokind Lc–
Interactions with Medicines –
Nurokind LC may show interactions with several medicines such as -
- Fluorouracil: Patients using Nurokind LC along with Fluorouracil should be cautious as both its normal action and side-effects may be heightened due to the folic acid in Nurokind LC.
- Hydantoins like phenytoin: Patients using these along with Nurokind LC may need a dosage adjustment as the activity of this medication is less effective in the presence of Nurokind LC.
- Barbiturates: Patients using Nurokind LC and barbiturates may require a dose adjustment and monitoring as the action of Nurokind LC may be less effective in the presence of this medication.
Nurokind LC may also interact with -
- Proton pump inhibitors
- H2 blockers
- Aminosalicylic acid
Interaction with diseases -
Kidney problems - Patients with kidney disease will need to be carefully monitored while using the drug.
Interaction with alcohol -
When taken with alcohol, the Nurokind LC may lead to side effects such as nausea, thirst, pain in the chest, low blood pressure, increased heartbeat etc. Therefore, it must not be taken with alcohol.
Medicines that should not be taken with Nurokind LC:
- Aminosalicylic acid
1) What is the Nurokind LC Tablet used to treat?
Ans: The Nurokind LC tablet helps to keep the levels of levocarnitine under control.Nurokind LC is usually prescribed to patients having problems related to metabolism.
2) What is the Nurokind LC Tablet used for?
Ans: Nurokind LC tablet is used for the treatment of medical conditions such as Numbness and tingling, Carnitine deficiency, Anaemia, Poor diet, Valproate toxicity, nerve damage, peripheral neuropathy etc.
3) What are the side effects of Nurokind LC Tablet?
Ans: Some of the side effects associated with the use of Nurokind LC Tablet include vomiting, diarrhoea, muscle weakness, loss of appetite, headache etc.
4) What is Nurokind LC Tablet?
Ans: Nurokind LC tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of nutritional deficiencies. It contains Levo-carnitine, methylcobalamin/mecobalamin and folic acid.
5) Are there any reported allergic reactions with the use of Nurokind Lc Tablet?
Ans: Patients allergic to medicine's components may face the following allergic reactions - Rashes or itching on the skin, shortness of breath, Swelling on the face, lips, throat or tongue, a decrease in blood pressure, and loss of consciousness.
6) Is Nurokind LC Tablet addictive?
Ans: No case of addiction has ever been reported with the use of Nurokind LC Tablet.
7) Do I need to avoid a particular food item while taking Nurokind LC Tablet?
Ans: No. There is no food item that must be avoided while taking Nurokind LC Tablet.
8) Is Nurokind LC Tablet safe for pregnant women?
Ans: Nurokind LC Tablet may be unsafe for pregnant women. Animal studies have shown that the consumption of medicine tends to have an ill impact on the health of a developing foetus. However, no such impact has been noted in humans. Nurokind LC may be taken under the strict supervision of a doctor only.
9) Is Nurokind LC Tablet safe for lactating mothers?
Ans: Yes. The Nurokind LC tablet is safe to be consumed during pregnancy. No side effects have ever been noticed in humans.
10) Can I drive after taking Nurokind Lc Tablet?
Ans: Nurokind LC tablet does not have a sedative effect and therefore it is safe to drive after consuming Nurokind LC.
11) Does the Nurokind LC Tablet have any bad effect on the kidneys?
Ans: No. The Nurokind LC Tablet does not cause any bad effect on the kidneys. However, a little adjustment of the dose may be required in patients suffering from kidney problems.
12) Does the Nurokind LC Tablet have any bad effect of the liver?
Ans: Nurokind LC tablet is safe for patients suffering from liver problems. The doctor may create a personalized medicine plan depending upon a patient's condition.
Read More: Solvin Cold | Terbinaforce | Zerodol mr | Himcolin Gel