Psychiatrists in Chennai are skilled in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of any sort of emotional, mental and behavioural disorders. There are a large number of Psychiatrists in Chennai who are experienced to diagnose several conditions such as bipolar disorders, depression, anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OBC), schizophrenia and PTSD. Scroll below to find best psychiatrists near you and book appointment.
A Psychiatrist is a medical expert who has significant knowledge to diagnose and treat various problems associated with mental and emotional health. Psychiatrists in Chennai are familiar to all the diseases that are often caused due to mental, emotional and behavioural disorders. They have expertise in managing a large number of mental symptoms through electroconvulsive therapy, psychological interventions and other treatments.
A Psychiatrist may specialize in the field of adult psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, child psychiatry, neuropsychiatry, forensic psychiatry, organizational psychiatry and geriatric psychiatry. Some Psychiatrists are also trained to perform surgeries. They are known as psychosurgeons.
Generally, the consultation fee of a Psychiatrist in Chennai starts from INR. 600.
• Schizophrenia - INR 500- INR 2,000
• PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) – INR 300 – INR 2,000
• PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder): It is natural for people to react emotionally when exposed to a highly stressful event. People with PTSD tend to experience the flashbacks of the vent that triggered their emotions reactions.
• Schizophrenia: This condition involves people experiencing delusions, along with audio and visual hallucinations. Patient may also find difficulty in concentrating and expressing emotions.
• Bipolar Disorder: People suffering from this disease experience frequent mood swings. People between the age group of 15 to 25 years are the most affected folks.
Ans: Depending upon the doctor and their specialization, their general consultation fee in Chennai may range from INR 500 to INR 1,000.
Ans: Bipolar Disorders can be classified into three categories namely, Bipolar Disorder Type I, Bipolar Disorder Type II and Cyclothymic Disorder. Each of them includes mania or hypomania and depression that cause unpredictable changes in mood.
Ans: You must seek help from a Psychiatrist if you are feeling sad, addicted to some drug or any other substance, past bothers you a lot, or can’t stop suicidal thoughts.
Ans: Psychiatrists deal with the assumed brain health, that is, the mental and emotional health of the patients whereas, Neurologists deal with the real brain health.
Ans: The easiest way to get an appointment from a Psychiatrist in Chennai is to book through an online healthcare provider such as Docprime. These portals help in finding the most qualified specialists in proximity to the patient’s residence.