Find a sexologist near me
Sexology involves the scientific study of human sexuality. The study involves human reproduction, sex and gender diversity, sexual rights and consent, sexual diversity, and sexual health challenges. A sexologist can treat and diagnose issues related to sexual emotions, love, human relationships, sexual function, human sexual response, criminal sexual behaviour, sexual pleasure, and fulfillment.
What Do Sexologists Treat?
Sexologists are not medical practitioners who prescribe medicine to treat a certain condition. They are highly qualified professionals who understand your sexual health and offer a solution after thorough research. Some of the most common problems for which a person may visit a sexologist are:
- Low libido - Low libido is a problem characterized by a reduced urge to engage in sexual intimacy. The problem may occur due to hormonal changes, stress and various other reasons. Females may temporarily experience low sex drive during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. However, if the condition persists for long, then a sexologist should be consulted.
- Experiencing Intense Sexual Desire - People who feel sexual urges and fantasies that involve strange objects, situations and activities may need to see a sexologist. This can also be a sign of an underlying psychological condition. Such experiences may affect a person's social and personal life.
- Psychological Issues - Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and inability to penetrate despite erection are some of the issues that are faced by men. The women may experience problems such as vaginal dryness, dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse), vaginal trauma or vaginismus (involuntary contraction of muscles around the vagina). In such cases, consulting a sexologist may help.
- Mismatched Sexual Desires – Couples can take sessions with a sexologist in case of different sexual desires and expectations.
- Pain and Discomfort During or After Intercourse- Medically it is termed as dyspareunia. If any of the partners’ experience discomfort during sexual intercourse, then it can be traumatic for both the partners. Painful intercourse can be a sign of lesions, ulcers, dryness, and infection.
- Guilt After Having Sex - A sexologist may help you overcome guilt issues after engaging in sexual intercourse. Societal pressure and norms are some of the biggest reasons behind this.
- Unsure about Sexual Orientation - Heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual people can meet a sexologist to help understand their sexual orientation.
- Difficulty in Reaching Orgasm / Evasive Orgasms - If there is difficulty in reaching an orgasm despite simulation and you are unable to reach the climax, visit a sexologist right away.
- A person prefers to masturbate - Preferring masturbation over sexual intercourse may be a sign of sexual health problem.
- Sexual Abuse – Sexual abuse can have a serious impact on one’s physical, psychological, and sexual health. A sexologist may offer help to come out of such a traumatic and stressful situation.
Why Is It Important To Consult A Sexologist?
Sexual health is very important to lead a happy life. In case, either of the partners is not sexually satisfied, it can lead to stress and even cause problems in relationships. Instead of feeling distressed, you should consult a good sexologist to help you with the same.
How to Find the Best Sexologists Near You?
- Take Referrals From Friends And Relatives - A Going to a sexologist who is trusted by people around you, offers a sense of trust and faith.
- Search on Google - If you simply type “sexologist near me” on Google, you will get numerous results online. You can visit the website to know more about the doctor and his experience in this field.
- Consider Using Online Platforms - Online portals like docprimeare one of the most convenient ways to find a sexologist nearby. The user simply has to go to the website, choose the locality and begin the search process. If a patient needs to book an immediate appointment, it can also be done in a matter of a few clicks.
Consult Top Sexologist Online on Docprime
Docprime is an online platform that aims at offering the best medical services to its users. The portal offers various discounts on online bookings of appointments, diagnostic tests, and health packages. Currently,docprime is active in 12 states and 34 cities across India, with an aim to offers services in around 100 cities by the end of 2019.
So, if you are looking for health services that can reach out to you at your doorsteps, check it online on docprime.