87 Results for
Filter by Availability More filters
Sort by More filters
Looking for other related specializations? Search all
A person may consult a urologist if he/she has been facing the following problems –
• Traces of blood in the urine
• Involuntary loss of urine
• Hernia of the pelvic organs (Prolapse)
• Persistent pain in the lower back
• Pain while urinating
Men may visit a urologist
• If they have any sexual problems
• For regular prostate examination
• For infertility problems
• To get a vasectomy
Some urologists may treat general diseases of the urinary tract while others specialize in other areas -
• Female urology - These urologists focus on problems related to women's urinary tract.
• Male infertility - The specialists focus on the problems related to infertility in males.
• Neurourology - The medical experts focus on the urinary problems that are caused by the conditions of the nervous system.
• Pediatric urology - Focuses on urinary problems of the children.
• Urologic oncology - Focuses primarily on the cancer of the urinary tract.
Various conditions treated by urologists include
• Prostate cancer
• Kidney diseases
• Peyronie’s disease
• Erectile dysfunction
• Infertility (in men)
• Urinary tract infections
To examine the patients, urologists perform various diagnostic tests. After the tests the top urologists in Chennai may suggest a number of different treatment plans or surgery. The urologists are well-trained in performing different types of surgery, such as repairing urinary organs, removing blockages, vasectomy, sling procedures for urinary incontinence or prolapse, removing tissue from enlarged prostate, removal of the prostate gland etc.
Ans: If you are looking for a top urologist in Mumbai, consider finding it via an online portal like docprime. This portal helps to find the most qualified urologists near to the home of the patients.
Ans: An urologist may be visited if the patients are suffering from conditions related to the urinary tract. The males may consult a urologist for regular prostate checkup or for problems related to infertility.
Ans: An urologist may ask the patients to undergo an imaging test like an ultrasound to examine the kidneys, bladder, testicles and the prostate. The test helps the urologist to diagnose many conditions such as, tumors, stones, kidneys and cysts.
Ans: A woman may consult a urologist if she has been suffering from problems pertaining to the urinary tract.